The Attendant is responsible for providing service in The Market, located in the lobby of the hotel. This is a fast paced position with continual customer contact.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt is an American multinational owner, operator, and franchiser of hotels, resorts, and vacation properties, with 739 properties in 57 countries. Hyatt places top priority on career opportunities, job enrichment, a supportive work environment – with high expectations but equally high rewards.
This position will provide service in The Market located in the lobby of the hotel. This person must have exceptional communication skills as well as superior guest service abilities. This is a fast paced position with constant customer interaction. Market Attendant duties currently include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greeting customers/creating friendly environment
- Solicit counter orders and perform cashiering duties through use of POS system
- Stocking of Market food/beverage/supplies/sundries, maintain inventory
- Maintaining cleanliness of the Market
- Take guest room delivery orders by phone
- Expediting guest room deliveries
- Use and maintain cleanliness of “Turbo Chef” or other such re-heating devices
- Use and maintain cleanliness of Electrolux press and/or any coffee machines
- Open availability
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Position offers a competitive hourly wage along with benefits and tuition assistance.