Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company Description
SPR Companies is a family of IT professional services firms that deliver high-value technology solutions and in-demand talent to help organizations achieve critical business objectives and solve complex technology challenges.
The Automation Tester will work under the leadership and guidance of a test automation lead, sr. automation engineers of SPR and the client to build and execute automated test scripts within software development projects. Our teams work on web, mobile, and desktop automation and web service automation. The automation teams also play an integral role with other teams on test automation and continuous integration.
- Build, execute, and debug automated functional and back-end tests.
- Maintaining existing suite of automated tests to be used by development and manual test engineers.
- Analyze user requirements and product architecture to derive testing requirements.
- Diagnose causes of failed automated tests and report bugs and enhancements to the developers.
- Perform manual testing as needed prior to automation.
- Ensure efficient and stable software builds in a continuous integration environment.
- Work with development and functional QA teams to make decisions around what to automate.
- Report testing progress to test automation lead.
- Mandatory four year college degree in computer science, information systems or mathematics; must provide copy of degree
- 1-2 Year’s Experience in field
- Programming courses and experience programming in .Net, JAVA, or VB (mandatory)
- Senior college project that involved programming
- Demonstrated knowledge of Object Orientated Programming (OOP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for technology and interest in investing/finance
- Inquisitive and self-motivated
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Prior manual or automated testing experience is a plus; development experience is a must