Do you have exemplary customer service skills and experience in a medical environment interacting with patients?
We are seeking a Patient Access Coordinator to join our Patient Access team in the Emergency Department at Rush University Medical Center!
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources? Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company: Rush University Medical Center
This is a Full Time position
80 hours every two weeks, benefit-eligible
Evening Shift: 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM
Collect and confirm patient demographics and financial information. Obtain, verify and enter into Epic insurance information from governmental and commercial payers. Determine patient’s financial responsibility, collect payment and accurately complete receipts. Collect required information, such as, Medicare Secondary Payor, medical necessity, Decision Maker, etc. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
- Consistently convey a helpful, caring, and respectful attitude both verbally and non-verbally to our internal customers, i.e. co-workers and external customers, i.e. patients.
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form. Communication should be clear, concise, and accurate using the appropriate tone and volume so as to be accurately understood by the customer.
- With a high degree of accuracy collect, verify and enter into Epic the patient’s demographic, employer, financial, emergency contact, insurance, subscriber and case-specific information, such as referring physician and diagnosis.
- Possess the knowledge and skill to consistently utilize software in obtaining information, such as, Search America, Nebo, CarePricer, Healthworks, etc.
- Consistently and accurately obtain and interpret the patient’s insurance benefits and possess the ability to communicate this information accurately to the patient and co-workers.
- Have the ability to determine the patient’s financial obligation and communicate this information accurately and with respect to the patient.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of Rush’s contracted payers and be able to explain coverage-related concepts to the patients, i.e. pre-certification and out-of-network.
Position Qualifications Include:
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Keyboard experience with a minimum typing skill of 25 words per minute required.
- Previous experience in a hospital or medical environment interacting with patients preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively on an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to push a Workstation on Wheels for an extended period of time.
- Ability to walk or stand an extended period of time, i.e. length of shift.
- Rush’s 14-story hospital Tower is the cornerstone of the Rush Transformation, and is the symbol of a philosophy-an evolution in the delivery of patient-centered care.
- Rush is a not-for-profit health care, education and research enterprise comprising Rush University Medical Center, Rush University, Rush Oak Park Hospital and Rush Health.
- Rush University Medical Center is a three time Magnet facility located in Chicago, IL www.rush.edu
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 676 licensed beds.
- RUMC offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
- Rush University is home to one of the first medical colleges in the Midwest and one of the nation’s top-ranked nursing colleges, as well as graduate programs in allied health, health systems management and biomedical research.
- As one of the most popular cities in the nation, Chicago is a cultural, historical and diverse city. Located on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago in known for its nearly 200 distinct neighborhoods and its extensive park systems, along with its sports teams, museums and vibrant theater community.
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.