Join the PepsiCo team at their 35th Street distribution center! PepsiCo is now hiring Warehouse Associates to assist in the loading of trucks, inventory management, as well as all other aspects warehouse operations!
About Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland’s Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland’s Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills’ Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Hiring Company (PepsiCo)
PepsiCo is one of the world’s leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2017 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. They have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2017 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo began in 1965 with the merger of Pepsi-Cola and Frito-Lay.
Overview of Position
This labor-intensive position is responsible for loading transport, bulk, and route trucks. Each type of loading requires strict attention to order accuracy with respect to loading outgoing trucks and unloading incoming trucks. Works from order sheets to build loads using a forklift and/or electronic pallet jack. Position is responsible for accuracy in loading and complying with shipper/receiver documentation. Follows warehouse instructions in building loads. Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
Key Aspects of Position
- Loading and unloading deliver trucks
- Operate forklifts, electric pallet jacks, hand dollies, and other lifting equipment
- Stocking warehouse inventory
- Stacking inventory onto pallets
- Lifting a very high volume of cases of product per day from 20-45 lbs per case
Requirements and Qualifications
- Constant standing, walking, bending, twisting, squatting, reaching, and grasping
- 18 years or older
- Pass physical capabilities test
- Pass drug screen
- Pass forklift skills test (if applicable)
- Pass background check
- Adaptability – enthusiastically adapt to changes in the work environment
- Dependability – follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in a warehouse environment
- Forklift operating
- Working with racking systems
- Loading and unloading pallets
- Stacking products efficiently
- Being a great team player
Compensation – $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
Location – 1400 W 35 Street, Chicago, IL 60609